Huddersfield 2-1 Nottm Forest- Match Report

Misery for Mancienne as Huddersfield come from behind to continue winning run

Michael Mancienne scored an own goal and was sent off a minute from time as Nottingham Forest crashed to a 2-1 defeat at Huddersfield.

The Forest defender gifted Huddersfield a fourth straight victory when he deflected into his own net and was then sent off for his second bookable offence.

Forest led at half-time through Hildeberto Pereira's neat finish but two goals in six second-half minutes turned the game on its head.

Kasey Palmer equalised for Town before Mancienne's blunder

He was booked for a foul in the 52nd minute and was red-carded for time-wasting late on.

Pereira gave Huddersfield their first sight on goal when he tripped Rajiv van La Parra

Aaron Mooy's free-kick found Christopher Schindler whose header flicked wide.

Town turned defence into attack when they cleared David Vaughan's free-kick and Elias Kachunga set off down the right

He beat two defenders and it was only desperate defending which kept the home side out.

Tommy Smith's cross drifted onto the roof of the net and Van La Parra cut inside from the left but could not get enough bend on the ball to curl his shot inside the far post.

Despite all their possession Huddersfield went behind in the 25th minute when Nicklas Bendtner's pass ricocheted towards goal and Pereira gave chase

He tussled with Michael Hefele before shrugging him off and lifting the ball over Joel Coleman.

Three minutes later Nahki Wells had a chance to equalise from a similar position to Van La Parra but he, too, could not find a finish.

Mooy's dipping effort was taken at the second attempt by Forest goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic and Town went close again in the 36th minute when Kachunga and Palmer swapped passes and Palmer's cross was almost turned into his own net by Matty Cash.

Huddersfield went in a goal down at the break but made it 1-1 in the 53rd minute, though there was some confusion over who got the final touch.

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis took a short corner to Mooy on the edge of the box and he crossed for Palmer, whose header came back off the bar.

The ball bounced down and appeared to strike Stojkovic under pressure from Wells

The goal was credited to Palmer, though Wells forced the ball home.

Town kept up the pressure and won it in the 59th minute with a goal which had an element of good fortune about it

Van La Parra was attempting a cross when Mancienne slid in to block, but only succeeded in deflecting the ball into his own net.

Those goals broke the Forest resistance and Huddersfield took control to complete their eighth home win of the season, which was not in doubt long before Mancienne's dismissal.

Source : PA

Source: PA