Yeovil Town 3 Huddersfield Town 1

Last updated : 05 January 2007 By Footymad Previewer
In an amazing first half Yeovil built up a three-goal lead against Huddersfield and with any luck could easily have doubled the score.

It was a different story after the interval. Boosted by a 50th minute goal from Gary Taylor-Fletcher, the Terriers powered into the attack and when Andy Booth looked destined to score a second seven minutes later, there were visions of a repeat of the New Year's Day game at Swansea when Huddersfield turned a two-goal deficit into a 3-2 victory.

Yeovil had a magnificent first half. The pacy Lee Morris put them ahead in the fourth minute, picking up a pass from Andy Lindegaard and scoring off Matt Glennon's right-hand post.

In the 20th minute a great pass from Chris Cohen set up Leon Best, who burst into the box and thumped a drive into the roof of the net.

Two minutes later Huddersfield ran into more problems when John McCombe went off sick and Aaron Hardy replaced him at the centre of the defence. It was Hardy who had the misfortune to score Yeovil's third goal, turning a cross from Morris past his own keeper.

Between the goals there was some great work by the Terriers goalkeeper. Glennon did his best work in the 32nd minute, making point-blank saves from a header by Aaron Davies and then deflecting a follow-up effort from Morris for a corner.

It was 44 minutes before Huddersfield had a shot of any description and then it went ten yards wide.

It was as though the Terriers had not arrived in the first half. They had what should have been their pre-match huddle at the start of the second period and there was an immediate transformation.

Within five minutes Taylor-Fletcher was just wide and, in the 50th minute, the same player got a goal back.

The Yeovil defence was stretched and the striker picked the ball up on the left of the box and curled a neat chip into the far corner.

The chances continued to come at both ends. In the 76th minute Yeovil almost got their fourth goal when Glennon tipped a header from Scott Guyett over the bar.

Shortly afterwards, more great work by the influential Cohen looked destined to give Morris his second goal, but a deflection took the ball wide.